JD Coaching & Consulting produced a benchmark study regarding nonprofit board performance. The results formed a framework that helps boards attain high performance.
Since then numerous boards have worked with us to analyze performance. The result? Their boards are now better able to safeguard the mission, vision and assets of the organizations they serve.
Interested in assessing your board’s performance? After some initial consulting, here’s how one aspect of the assessment works:
1. Your board takes the survey and the results are compared to the benchmark study.
2. We analyze the results to uncover your board’s strengths and weaknesses.
3. We report customized details of what is—and isn’t—working for your board.
4. We present the results to your board.
5. We recommend targeted solutions.
Ultimately, your board can focus on improving key areas. Your board gets stronger, and the nonprofit organization benefits.
An interesting fact discovered in the study is that 98 percent of respondents thought their board had the potential to improve its performance. Can your board be improved?